Edinburgh Accessible Holiday & Trip Planning For Your Disabled Trip To Edinburgh By Sage Traveling
10-Aug-2012 | News-Press Release
Edinburgh is a beautiful medieval city and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The city was founded over 800 years ago on a volcanic crag. Edinburgh Castle now sits at the pinnacle of that crag with the Royal Mile street going downhill to the east. The Georgian “New Town” lies below to the north and is much flatter than the Old Town near the castle but still has some slopes.
Visiting Edinburgh can be challenging for disabled tourists because of its hilly nature, but Sage Traveling has just made it easier. Our disabled travel experts have mapped out the slope of the streets throughout central Edinburgh, enabling wheelchair users to roll downhill throughout their accessible holiday in Edinburgh. Sage Traveling has mapped out all of the inclines throughout the Old Town and New Town for your Edinburgh accessible holiday.
Sage Traveling can provide you with a customized, hassle-free, accessible holiday in Edinburgh. Sage Traveling experts have done extensive first-hand research on accessibility at Edinburgh hotels, tourist attractions, and transportation. Sage Traveling will use this extensive accessibility knowledge to create a vacation customized to your individual abilities, energy level, and interests.
Custom Accessible Trip Planning:
• Accessible hotel
Sage Traveling experts have researched several wheelchair accessible hotels located in Edinburgh near the Royal Mile and in the New Town. You will be provided with a hotel that meets your accessibility needs (for example, roll-in shower or bathtub with grab bars). You will have your preference on type of hotel (3, 4, or 5 star). We will send you descriptions and prices of all hotels meeting your criteria and allow you to choose. We will provide you descriptions of accessible hotels to choose from, and we will make the reservation for you.
• Accessibility information on tourist attractions
You will receive detailed accessibility information for all of the major tourist attractions including the Edinburgh Castle, the National Museum of Scotland, St. Giles Cathedral, Gladstone’s Land, the National Gallery of Scotland, the Palace of Holyroodhouse, and more.
You will be provided with a detailed accessibility description of all the major tourist attractions. The description will include:
- the location of an accessible entrance
- an accessiblity description of the toilet
- an estimate of how much of the attraction is accessible to your mobility needs
- the opening and closing times
- the price of admission
• Getting Around
Sage Traveling will provide you with an accessibility map showing you the direction and severity of sidewalk steepness throughout the New Town and Old Town. Edinburgh has many accessible busses and taxis for you to use. Sage Traveling will provide you with maps of accessible bus lines and suggestions about how to get between each tourist sight.
• Daily itinerary
A customized accessible itinerary will be created for each day of your trip. We will take into account:
- Your energy level and mobility needs
- Proximity of sights to each other
- Which days the attraction is closed
- Your interests (e.g. art, history, architecture, shopping, dining, spas, etc…)
The itinerary for each day will provide you with:
- Information about tourist sight accessibility
- Details about moving between sights (providing you with public transportation options and walking/rolling distances so you can decide)
- Flexibility and alternatives in case of bad weather, getting tired of museums, etc…
• Disabled Travel Tips
All Sage Traveling clients will receive a copy of our 101 Essential Accessible Holiday Travel Tips for Europe © Sage Traveling which will have you traveling like an expert!
Edinburgh Disabled Accessible Travel Packages:
Our accessible travel agents provide an assortment of packages to choose from to meet your specific accessibility needs and budget. We can provide a package for any length of trip and can adjust the details to meet your individual needs.
Find out more about our Edinburgh Accessibility Guide and Travel Packages..
The Edinburgh disabled travel agents at Sage Traveling use our expertise in Edinburgh accessible travel to create custom accessible holidays for disabled and senior travelers. Disabled visitors to Edinburgh will encounter challenges during their travels, but nearly all can be avoided or overcome if you obtain the proper information before your trip. Our Edinburgh disabled travel agents provide you with accessible hotel accommodations, accessible transportation within and between cities, detailed accessibility information on tourist attractions, and custom accessible itineraries to move you efficiently between tourist sights. We make your dream accessible vacation in Edinburgh a reality!
Sage Traveling is committed to providing customized accessible holiday travel for our clients. We deal exclusively in disabled travel to Europe and make it our job to understand all the challenges that disabled travelers may encounter and how to overcome them. Sage Traveling offers comprehensive, detailed, and organized disabled travel information on accessible European tourist attractions, hotels, and transportation.
Let our passion for European travel and research take the stress out of planning your European travel and let us customize a hassle-free accessible holiday for you!
Address: Houston, Texas – USA
Ph. No. 888-645-7920
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Sage TravelingEdinburgh Handicapped Accessible TravelAccessible TravelAccessible Travel TipsAccessible Travel PackagesDisabled Travel EdinburghDisabled Access EdinburghEdinburgh Disabled Travel TipsAccessible Hotels EdinburghEdinburgh Wheelchair AccessEdinburgh Disabled ToursEdinburgh Accessible Travel AgentsHandicapped Edinburgh TourAccessible Edinburgh HotelsDisability Travel Edinburgh
- Florence Accessible Holidays, Travel Packages And Disabled Travel Services By Sage Traveling
- 9 Wheelchair Accessible Travel Tips For Your Disabled Trip to Istanbul By Sage Traveling