Michael Nunley Singer & Song Writer to appear on Open to Hope Radio
18-Aug-2012 | News-Press Release
New York, NY (prsafe ) August 16, 2012 - Michael Nunley's father's diagnosis of terminal cancer was like losing an anchor for the Nunley family. A second blow came when Michael broke the news, that his sister Cyndy had taken her life. Michael shares how the loss of his sister enabled him to craft the song for a Compassionate Friends Candle Lighting bringing him greater healing.
Open to Hope Radio broadcasts every Thursday. To listen to this show, go to www.opentohope.com.
About Dr. Heidi Horsley
Dr. Heidi Horsley, PsyD, LMSW, MS, is a bereaved sibling and a licensed psychologist and social worker. Dr. Heidi is the Co-Founder and Executive Director of the Open to Hope Foundation and an adjunct professor at Columbia University. She has a private practice in Manhattan, NY specializing in grief and loss. She serves as a member of the board for the Compassionate Friends, www.compassionatefriends.org and on the advisory board for TAPS, Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors of those who died in the military. She blogs for the Huffington Post and Maria Shriver. Dr. Heidi is also author of "Open to Hope: Inspirational Stories of Healing After Loss," "Teen Grief Relief" and "Real Men Do Cry". She holds graduate degrees from the University of San Francisco, Columbia University, and Loyola University.
About Dr. Gloria Horsley
Dr. Gloria C. Horsley, PHD, MFT, CNS, is a bereaved parent, and has worked in the field of family therapy for over thirty years. Dr. Gloria is Founder and President of the Open to Hope Foundation. She serves on the national advisory board for The Compassionate Friends. She blogs for the Huffington Post and Maria Shriver. Dr. Heidi is co-author of "Open to Hope: Inspirational Stories of Healing After Loss," "Teen Grief Relief" and "Real Men Do Cry." She holds graduate degrees from the University of Rochester, Syracuse, Greenwich and Holos Universities.
Dr. Heidi Horsley
125 West 72nd Street, Suite 6F
NY NY 10023
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Diana Sundwall Executive Director Infants Remembered in Silence to appear on Open to Hope Radio
- Cathy Spear Director of Circle of Tapawingo to appear on Open to Hope Radio
- Linda Triplett Author of A Mother’s Journal to appear on Open to Hope Radio
- Dr. Donna Marie Thompson Author of Bouncing Back From Loss to appear on Open to Hope Radio
- Chris Donohoe Singer & Songwriter to appear on Open to Hope Radio
- Reverend Judith Johnson to appear on Open to Hope Radio
- Dr. Louis LaGrand Service Professor of State University of New York to appear on Open to Hope Radio
- Richard Rosser Founder of Piggy Nation appeared on Open to Hope Radio
- Tabitha Jayne Author of Thriving Loss to appear on Open to Hope Radio
- Padraig Greene appeared on Open to Hope Radio