VEMD8081 Silicon PIN Photodiode from Vishay Featured in THE EDGE by Future Electronics
07-Jun-2022 | Pointe Claire, Quebec | News-Press Release
Montreal, Canada (prsafe ) June 7, 2022 - Future Electronics, a global leading distributor of electronic components, is featuring ultra-low profile photodiodes from Vishay in the latest edition of THE EDGE - Consumer Wearables.
Vishay's VEMD8081 is a PIN photodiode that features increased photocurrent of 33 µA in a 4.8 mm by 2.5 mm SMD package with an industry-low 0.48 mm profile. It has enhanced sensitivity to visible and infrared light, 350 to 1100 nm, and is designed and optimized to measure the light reflected off the skin from the visible and infrared emitters found in smart watches, exercise bands, and medical monitors.
The VEMD8081 offers 15% greater output current than its predecessor, the VEMD8080, while maintaining the same package dimensions. The PIN Photodiode provides a drop-in replacement that can improve performance by increasing signal output, or by extending battery life with reduced LED current.
The VEMD8081 utilizes Vishay's proven wafer technology to detect visible and near infrared radiation over a wide spectral range. For high sampling rates, the photodiode offers fast switching times and low capacitance of 50 pF. It is ideal for high speed photo detection and wearable applications.
To learn more, visit, https://www.futureelectronics.com/resources/featured-products/vishay-vemd8081-silicon-pin-photodiode. To see the entire portfolio of Vishay products available through Future Electronics, visit www.FutureElectronics.com.
THE EDGE is the latest e-newsletter from Future Electronics, and is geared toward engineers and buyers looking for new or leading-edge products. THE EDGE comes out twice per month, and each edition features product information, datasheets and videos showcasing the most advanced new technology in a specific area, such as sensing, lighting, or automotive.
Visit www.FutureElectronics.com/subscribe to receive the latest issues of THE EDGE newsletter, and stay up to date with the newest technologies.
About Future Electronics
Future Electronics is a global leader in electronics distribution, recognized for providing customers with global supply chain solutions, custom-tailored engineering services and a very extensive variety of electronic components. Founded by Robert G. Miller in 1968, Future Electronics believes its 5500 employees are its greatest asset, with 170 offices in 44 countries. Future Electronics is globally integrated, with a unified IT infrastructure that delivers real-time inventory availability and access to customers. With the highest level of service, the most advanced engineering capabilities, and the largest available-to-sell inventory in the world, Future's mission is always to Delight the Customer®. For more information, visit www.FutureElectronics.com.
Global Director Marketing Communications & Advertising
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Future Electronics wins 2023 Outstanding International Branded Distributor Award
- Future Electronics Recognizes Long-Term Employee Scott Harkin’s 30th Service Anniversary
- Future Electronics to Introduce All-New Hedgehog Development Board at Upcoming Lattice Semiconductor Developers Conference
- Future Electronics Hosts Awards Gala at Advanced Engineering University 2023 in Montreal
- Future Electronics Celebrates Wendy Carrero’s 25th Service Anniversary
- Future Electronics Features Boyd Corporation’s Cutting-Edge Heat Sink Solutions
- Future Electronics Celebrates Victor Sabeh’s 25 Years of Service
- Future Electronics Hosts Advanced Engineering University: “Gear Up for Growth” in Shanghai
- NXP i.MX RT1170 Crossover MCU Family Featured by Future Electronics in THE EDGE
- Future Electronics Future Electronics Highlights E-Switch's Extensive Range of Anti-Vandal Switches