Nutritional Supplements - Analysis on Human nutrition and Health Industry
21-Mar-2011 | News-Press Release
The present report analysis Human nutrition and health industry with detailed description of industry segments. Report covers global industry size, segmentation by products such as: vitamins and dietary supplements, Pediatric nutrition, sports nutrition, Herbal supplements, Dairy industry and Infant milk formula market. In segmentation by geography; countries covered in the report are: United States, Europe (United Kingdom), Asia (China and India). We have also analysed the global industry forecasted value to access the opportunities present in the market. There are many factors helping the industry growth of which few are mentioned in the report. Also industry trends help to understand the demand, for example: what is the impact of recession over consumption of supplements. Here we have also discussed the competition prevailing in the market and profiled major players (Atrium Innovations, NBTY Inc. and Glanbia plc.
Why to purchase this report:
* This report covers major geographies with a focus on global nutrition and dietary supplements industry.
* There is detailed industry segment analysis.
* Trends helps to understand which product is on demand and what is the impact of economy over healthcare spending?
* There is future forecasting of the industry based on many variables.
* Here we have also profiled major companies, including their business overview, financial analysis and recent developments.
* The dietary and nutritional supplement market generated US$~ billion in sales worldwide in 2009. The market is expected to reach US$~ billion in 2010; where multivitamins make up a major portion of this market.
* Sports nutrition and speciality supplements are the two fastest growing segments of the VMS industry and further these segments are offering high growth opportunities.
* In 2009, Pediatric nutrition market reached to US$~ billion as compared to US$~ billion sales in 2003 and further 23.47% growth is expected through 2012.
* Currently the United States generates the majority of global sales, Western Europe is second, and Japan third. However, China is expected to outpace Japan and other growing markets include Brazil, India, and Eastern Europe.
* In 2009, U.S. dietary supplements industry reached to US$~ billion as compared to US$~ billion in 2003 with a CAGR of 3.17%. There was a slight drop in growth in 2009 as compared to 2008 results but despite of difficult economic situation in year 2008 & 2009 this segment performed well.
* In recent time, demand for vitamin D is high and reached to US$~ million in 2009 with a double digit growth rate led by rising number of heart cases, cancer, diabetes and other health issues.
* The European prebiotics market is diversifying and expanding in both importance and value throughout the food and beverage industry, with several exciting developments in infant formula products, dairy and beverages
* In China, the economic conditions are continuously improving resultant rising disposable income, which has supported urbanization and improved standard of living.
* Infant milk formula market is one of the strongest segments in the China dairy industry, accounting for US$4.1 billion with a CAGR of 18.03% (2005-2009) and this growth rate is expected to sustain further despite the melamine crisis in late 2008.
* The Indian herbal industry will grow rapidly in the coming years and by 2015, it is expected that the size of the domestic market will rise to US$~ billion, reflecting a compound growth rate of over 20 percent.
Get more information about this report: Nutritional Supplements
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27578668
Fax: +91 22 27579131
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Nutritional SupplementsHealthcareDemand ForecastMarket ForecastMarket TrendsMarket ReportMarket Research
- Research on Global and China Epoxy Resin Industry Chain Report
- The Geothermal Energy Market 2012-2022
- Adhesives and Sealants: Global Markets
- Dermatological Drugs: World Market Prospects 2012-2022
- The Electric and Range Extended Electric Light-Vehicle Report
- India Urban & Industrial Waste to Energy Market
- Understanding Russia's Regional Health Markets
- 2012 Deep Research Report on China Wind Bearing Industry
- Top 1000 Advertising Agents (European)
- HNWI Asset Allocation in Switzerland to 2016