Julie Jason's "The AARP(r) Retirement Survival Guide" wins top prize / 2011 Axiom Business Book Awards
12-Apr-2011 | News-Press Release
Stamford, Conn.—April 8, 2011—The AARP® Retirement Survival Guide by Stamford-based money manager Julie Jason (Sterling Publishing, ISBN: 978-1-4027-4341-2) won the Gold - the top prize in the 2011 Axiom Business Book Awards for the Retirement Planning category.
The awards were announced today by the Jenkins Group. "These awards are designed to honor the year's best business books and their authors and publishers, " explained Awards Director, Jim Barnes. "The Survival Guide exemplifies what we look for -- a book that's concise, helpful, and easy to read. This book truly deserves the gold medal."
The book also won praise from the American Library Association, earning a starred review from Booklist -- the highest possible. Booklist also named the book to its 2010 list of Top Ten Business Books.
The book won four additional awards in 2010:
· the International Book Award for Personal Finance;
- the EIFLE Award (Excellence in Financial Literacy Education);
- the National Best Books Award for Personal Finance;
- the New York State Society of CPAs Award for Excellence in Financial Journalism, for an AAII article, "How to create your own pension: a closer look at immediate annuities," based on two chapters from the book.
"I'm pleased that the hard work that we put into the book is being recognized," said Jason. "There can hardly be a more important topic that retirement security in these uncertain times." Michael Fragnito, VP, Editorial Director, Sterling, says that "the numerous awards The AARP® Retirement Survival Guide has received clearly demonstrates that it is the most authoritative financial retirement guide available."
Subtitled “How to Make Smart Financial Decisions in Good Times and Bad,” The AARP® Retirement Survival Guide offers insights on sales practices targeting retirees, introduces innovative consumer ratings to evaluate enticing financial products that promise lifelong income along with “upside potential”’ and “downside protection,” and helps people decide what is best for their own situations through self-assessments, checklists, Q&As and tools.
Jason, co-founder of Jackson, Grant Investment Advisers, Inc. (jacksongrant.us), of Stamford, Conn., got her start on Wall Street as a lawyer. She is the author of the upcoming, Managing Retirement Wealth (Sterling) and four other books: You and Your 401(k); The 401(k) Plan Handbook; JKLasser’s Strategic Investing After 50; and Julie Jason’s Guide to Connecticut Probate.
Her weekly financial advisory column (“Road to Security”), published in four Hearst newspapers in Connecticut, is in its 13th year of publication. Her column has been recognized by the IRS for "accurate, timely, informative, and helpful tax information," and has received awards from both the Connecticut Press Club and the Society of Professional Journalists (CT Chapter).
A top ranked bestselling retirement planning book on Amazon.com, The AARP Retirement Survival Guide has won praise from financial journalists.
"Ready or not, we are now in the driver's seat and must learn how to invest for our own future security. Julie Jason provides the essential GPS for navigating the retirement journey so we can reach our desired destinations," said Pam Krueger, Executive Producer and Co-host of the award winning PBS series, MoneyTrack and EIFLE Financial Educator of the Year 2010.
Jonathan Dahl, editor-in-chief of SmartMoney, wrote: “A fast read on a difficult-to-follow subject. In these tougher times, a guide like this becomes an even more invaluable tool.”
For more information or to arrange an interview, contact me or call Ilona Kucharczyk at 203-322-1198. Visit www.juliejason.com.
# # #
Senior Publicist, Sterling
A wholly owned subsidiary of Barnes & Noble
387 Park Avenue South
New York, New York 10016
Direct Line: (646) 688-2548
Main Phone: (212) 532-7160
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- ipsum lipsum l
- G5 Reports 500% increase in Game Downloads
- comScore Releases the “2012 Canada Digital Future in Focus” Report
- comScore Releases December 2011 U.S. Online Video Rankings
- Stand O'Food 3 From G5 Entertainment is Now Out On Kindle Fire
- comScore Introduces Validated Campaign Essentials™ (vCE)
- cVidya MoneyMap® is the First Revenue Assurance Product to Receive TM Forum’s Product Conformance Certification
- RRSAT LAUNCHES SECOND DVB-S2 PLATFORM ON MEASAT-3a
- BulkyPix Releases Android Hit GRave Defense HD on iPhone Halloween Monday
- Sword of the Stars II Blasts Off into Space!