SIA Representatives to Give Presentations at NIST Workshop
19-Apr-2011 | News-Press Release
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is holding a public workshop on the draft of Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 201-2 in Washington, D.C., on April 18-19. FIPS 201-2 specifies the architecture and technical requirements for a common identification standard for federal employees and contractors, and the workshop is being held to provide federal agencies and industry representatives the opportunity to exchange information and learn more about the draft.
Rob Zivney, vice president for government and standards at Identive Group and chairman of SIA’s Personal Identity Verification (PIV) Working Group, is to give a presentation on “FIPS 201-2 Review," and Sal D’Agostino, CEO of IDmachines and vice chairman of the PIV Working Group, is to present on “Standards and Testing.”
More information about SIA’s PIV Working Group is available at www.siaonline.org/government.
The Security Industry Association (www.siaonline.org) is the leading trade group for businesses in the electronic and physical security market. SIA protects and advances its members’ interests by advocating pro-industry policies and legislation on Capitol Hill and throughout the 50 states; producing cutting-edge global market research; creating open industry standards that enable integration; advancing industry professionalism through education and training; opening global market opportunities; and providing sole sponsorship of the ISC Expos, the world’s largest security trade shows and conferences.
Security Industry Association
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- ipsum lipsum l
- G5 Reports 500% increase in Game Downloads
- comScore Releases the “2012 Canada Digital Future in Focus” Report
- comScore Releases December 2011 U.S. Online Video Rankings
- Stand O'Food 3 From G5 Entertainment is Now Out On Kindle Fire
- comScore Introduces Validated Campaign Essentials™ (vCE)
- cVidya MoneyMap® is the First Revenue Assurance Product to Receive TM Forum’s Product Conformance Certification
- RRSAT LAUNCHES SECOND DVB-S2 PLATFORM ON MEASAT-3a
- BulkyPix Releases Android Hit GRave Defense HD on iPhone Halloween Monday
- Sword of the Stars II Blasts Off into Space!