Tribute to William Donald Schaefer by Burt Kummerow-President -Maryland Historical Society
21-Apr-2011 | News-Press Release
Representing Historic St. Mary’s City during a Maryland Day celebration in Annapolis, I presented an impressive replica 17th century helmet (called a “lobstertail) to the new Governor William Donald Schaefer.
Mr. Schaefer, of course, put it on with great panache. There he was in the evening papers, somehow making the strangest of head gear look almost normal. During several meetings over the next few years, I learned that this down-to-earth leader could always make Maryland history fun and accessible to everyone. He could take foolish and forgettable and turn it into, “Wow, I didn’t know that” or “That’s cool and interesting.”
Maryland’s world of history and culture will sincerely miss him. Good luck and Godspeed William Donald Schaefer!
Burt Kummerow, President of the Maryland Historical Society
410-6853750 x 344
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- ipsum lipsum l
- G5 Reports 500% increase in Game Downloads
- comScore Releases the “2012 Canada Digital Future in Focus” Report
- comScore Releases December 2011 U.S. Online Video Rankings
- Stand O'Food 3 From G5 Entertainment is Now Out On Kindle Fire
- comScore Introduces Validated Campaign Essentials™ (vCE)
- cVidya MoneyMap® is the First Revenue Assurance Product to Receive TM Forum’s Product Conformance Certification
- RRSAT LAUNCHES SECOND DVB-S2 PLATFORM ON MEASAT-3a
- BulkyPix Releases Android Hit GRave Defense HD on iPhone Halloween Monday
- Sword of the Stars II Blasts Off into Space!