UNISOURCE AND WhatTheyThink TO HONOR WINNERS OF THIRD ANNUAL ENVIRONMENTAL INNOVATION AWARDS
26-Apr-2011 | News-Press Release
NORCROSS, GA (April 26, 2011) – Unisource Worldwide, Inc. one of the largest privately held companies in the United States, will partner with WhatTheyThink – the leading news and information site for the graphic communications industry – to honor the five winners of the third annual Environmental Innovation Awards during a dinner ceremony on May 18 in Atlanta.
For the second year straight, Heidelberg USA, Neenah Paper and NewPage Corporation joined with Unisource to sponsor the awards. The awards program is designed to recognize companies in the graphic arts industry that are implementing state-of-the-art and innovative environmental solutions.
“Sustainability is a core strategy at Unisource and we fully understand the ongoing commitment it takes to run a business in an environmentally-conscious manner,” said Al Dragone, CEO of Unisource. “That is why we applaud all of the companies that earned this prestigious award by demonstrating their dedication to practice sustainability and implement innovative environmental solutions,” he said.
The winners of the five Environmental Innovation Awards are:
- Patient News Publishing, Haliburton, Ontario, Canada, for the Environmental Sustainability and Your Community award, which recognizes a company that is involved in an environmentally-progressive community program.
- PrintingForLess.com, Livingston, MT, for the Environmental Sustainability and Your Plant award, which recognizes a company that is “walking the talk” in their own plant.
- Standard Register, Dayton, OH, for the Environmental Sustainability and Your Processes award, which recognizes a company that is implementing environmentally-sensitive processes.
- EarthColor, Parsippany, NJ, for the Beyond Environmental Sustainability award, which recognizes a leading-edge solution or initiative involving unique creativity.
- Monroe Litho, Rochester, NY, for the Thought Leader award, which recognizes a company that best represents the “new green graphic arts company.”
A representative from each of the five companies will be honored at the dinner. The awards ceremony will include recognition of the five distinguished winners, and the opportunity to share experiences with others about how their company is practicing sustainability.
About Unisource Worldwide, Inc.
Unisource Worldwide, Inc., headquartered in Norcross, Ga., is one of the largest privately held companies in the United States and offers the most comprehensive suite of customer solutions – including engineered design capabilities, eBusiness technologies, logistics expertise, paper brokerage services, and environmentally-responsible options – in its industry. The company also markets a full line of commercial printing and business imaging papers, packaging materials and systems, and facility supplies and equipment. With more than 4,500 Team Members located worldwide throughout business units in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia; and a fleet of “Big Red” trucks based at approximately 85 locations across North America, Unisource is the company that provides Customer Solutions in a Global Market. Unisource can be found online at www.unisourceworldwide.com.
For more information contact:
Senior Director, Corporate Communications
Unisource Worldwide, Inc.
6600 Governors Lake Parkway
Norcross, GA 30071
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- ipsum lipsum l
- G5 Reports 500% increase in Game Downloads
- comScore Releases the “2012 Canada Digital Future in Focus” Report
- comScore Releases December 2011 U.S. Online Video Rankings
- Stand O'Food 3 From G5 Entertainment is Now Out On Kindle Fire
- comScore Introduces Validated Campaign Essentials™ (vCE)
- cVidya MoneyMap® is the First Revenue Assurance Product to Receive TM Forum’s Product Conformance Certification
- RRSAT LAUNCHES SECOND DVB-S2 PLATFORM ON MEASAT-3a
- BulkyPix Releases Android Hit GRave Defense HD on iPhone Halloween Monday
- Sword of the Stars II Blasts Off into Space!