Indian Diabetes Market Report & Outlook For 2010-2015
27-Apr-2011 | News-Press Release
With around 51 Million diabetes patients, India promises to be amongst the most lucrative diabetes markets in the world. In 2009, the total sales of Insulin and Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics reached US$ 424 Million. Although, this represents just a fraction of the global sales, IMARC expects this market to surge in the future.
In 2009, Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics occupied 72% of the total diabetes market. Biguanides represented the leading drug class with a 43% market share. In the next five years, IMARC expects newer classes such as DPP-IV Inhibitors and GLP-1 Agonists to drive the Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics market. From a market share of 6% in 2009, IMARC expects DPP-IV Inhibitors to occupy 17% of the total Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics market by 2015.
Unlike Non-Insulin’s, the Insulin market in India was concentrated with the top five players occupying 96% of the total market. The Insulin market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 25% between 2010 and 2015, registering sales worth US$448 Million. During the next five years, the main drivers of this market will be the growth in the total drug treated population coupled with a much improved access and administration of Insulin.
- A growing drug treated population coupled with the launch of several new drugs will drive the Indian diabetes market to US$1.4 Billion by 2015.
In 2009, the market for Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics was worth US$ 306 Million. This represented a highly fragmented market with USV being the leading player with a 14% share.
- USV’s Glycomet GP (Glimepiride+Metformin) was the leading drug in the Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics market with sales worth nearly US$ 10.5 Million
IMARC expects around 15 new Drugs to be launched in the Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics market in the next five years. Seven of them are expected to be in the DPP-IV Inhibitor and GLP-1 Agonist classes.
- The Insulin Market was worth US$ 117 Million in 2009. Abbott was India’s biggest player accounting for 61% of the total sales.
Sanofi Aventi’s Lantus (Insulin Glargine) represented one of the fastest growing drugs in the last five year and registered sales worth nearly 11 Million in 2009
The total number of diabetes patients in India is expected to reach 87 Million by 2030. Around 56% of these patients will be from urban regions.
Forecasts: The report provides forecasts on:
- Number of diabetes patients
- Diagnosis and treatment rates in India
- Diabetes market
- Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics market
All other Non-Insulin Anti-diabetic classes
- Insulin market
Competitive Landscape: This section covers:
- 2005-2009 sales and market shares of top players in the diabetes market
- 2005-2009 sales and market shares of top players in the Non-Insulin Anti-diabetics market
- 2005-2009 sales and market shares of top players in various Non-Insulin drug classes
- 2005-2009 sales of top drugs comprising the portfolio of key players in various Non-Insulin drug classes
- 2005-2009 sales and market shares of top players in the Insulin market
- 2005-2009 sales of top drugs comprising the portfolio of key players in the Insulin market.
Key Questions Answered in this report
- What is the total size of the diabetes population in India and what are it’s characteristics?
- What are the diagnosis and drug treatment rates for diabetes in India?
- What are the key factors driving the growth of diabetes medication in India?
- What is the size and breakup of the total diabetes market in India?
- What is the size and breakup of the total Non-Insulin diabetes market in India?
- What is the size and breakup of the total Insulin market in India?
- Who are the key players in the Indian diabetes market and how have they performed?
- What is the outlook of the Indian diabetes market in the next five years?
- Which new products are expected to be launched in the next five years?
- Which therapy classes will show the highest growth in the next five years?
- What are the road blocks in the Indian diabetes market?
Get more information about this report: Indian Diabetes Market Report & Outlook For 2010-2015
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27578668
Fax: +91 22 27579131
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Research on Global and China Epoxy Resin Industry Chain Report
- The Geothermal Energy Market 2012-2022
- Adhesives and Sealants: Global Markets
- Dermatological Drugs: World Market Prospects 2012-2022
- The Electric and Range Extended Electric Light-Vehicle Report
- India Urban & Industrial Waste to Energy Market
- Understanding Russia's Regional Health Markets
- 2012 Deep Research Report on China Wind Bearing Industry
- Top 1000 Advertising Agents (European)
- HNWI Asset Allocation in Switzerland to 2016