FLUIDIGM LAUNCHES LOW-COST ASSAYS FOR GENE EXPRESSION, SNP GENOTYPING AND TARGET-SPECIFIC PRIMERS
09-May-2011 | News-Press Release
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – May 9, 2011 – Fluidigm Corporation (NASDAQ:FLDM) today announced the availability of assays and primers optimized for the company’s integrated fluidic circuit technology. Fluidigm Assays and Target-specific Primers will provide customers with significantly lower costs than today’s standard solutions, at volumes appropriate for microfluidics, and flexible chemistries so that customers can easily create highly multiplexed panels using off-the-shelf and custom content focused on their particular research area. As part of the program, Fluidigm will provide the assay primer locus sequences with every order.
The products are being marketed as DELTAgene™ Assays (gene expression), SNPtype™ Assays (SNP genotyping), and Access Array™ Target-specific Primers (target enrichment for next-generation sequencing). These products are available now.
“Due to our chemistry choice, our assays are priced substantially lower than labeled probe-based methods, so users can purchase hundreds of assays at a cost that is affordable. It has long been known that there are substantial benefits for researchers exploring multiple targets. In gene expression and genotyping studies, more targets provide better information and higher quality end results. The key was being able to achieve these results at a reasonable cost and rapid throughput. Fluidigm Assays provide that capability,” said Gajus Worthington, president and chief executive officer, Fluidigm. “In addition, our assay customers will receive the assay locus sequence from us on every order which will make it easier for the results to be MIQE compliant. This is something researchers have long sought and Fluidigm is committed to making our customers successful.”
MIQE (minimum information for publication of quantitative real-time PCR experiments) was designed to provide commonsense guidelines for enhancing the reproducibility and transparency of quantitative real-time PCR assays.
Key elements of Fluidigm’s offerings are:
• DELTAgene Assays for gene expression can be custom designed to any reference sequence. In addition, Fluidigm has a catalog of biologically grouped quantitative PCR assays that researchers can customize into panels.
• SNPtype Assays offer a low-cost SNP genotyping solution. Assays are made on-demand and are ready to meet high-throughput needs for a wide range of agricultural applications and confirmation of next-generation sequencing results.
• Access Array Target-specific Primers provide an easy way for customers to generate sequencer ready amplicons for next-generation sequencing. Currently, Fluidigm offers custom PCR-based primer design for human and mouse targeted resequencing.
Fluidigm provides sufficient volume of assay and primer solution to run hundreds of Fluidigm chips at costs substantially lower than traditional competitors offer. The company has simple-to-use protocols that save customers time and effort. This allows researchers to spend less time on assay development and more time gathering results and publishing quickly.
Fluidigm (NASDAQ:FLDM) develops, manufactures and markets microfluidic systems for growth markets in the life science and agricultural biotechnology, or Ag-Bio, industries. Fluidigm’s proprietary microfluidic systems consist of instruments and consumables, including chips and reagents. These systems are designed to significantly simplify experimental workflow, increase throughput and reduce costs, while providing the excellent data quality demanded by customers. Fluidigm actively markets three microfluidic systems, including eight different commercial chips, to leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, academic institutions and Ag-Bio companies.
For more information, please visit www.fluidigm.com.
Fluidigm, the Fluidigm logo, BioMark, Access Array, Dynamic Array, Digital Array, FC1, TOPAZ, NanoFlex DELTAgene and SNPtype are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fluidigm Corporation
Cautionary Note About Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains "forward-looking" statements within the meaning of federal securities laws. Forward-looking statements include, among others, statements concerning or implying Fluidigm’s future financial performance, trends and opportunities affecting Fluidigm, opportunities in the molecular diagnostics market, and the ability of management personnel and our board of directors to contribute to the growth of our business. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors that may cause actual results to be materially different from any future results expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. Fluidigm’s business, revenues, and operating results are and will be subject to numerous risks and uncertainties, including (among others) risks relating to market acceptance of our products, the potential for quarterly variations in our operating results, our ability to successfully launch new products and applications, risks relating to FDA regulation, and competition in our primary markets. In addition to these risks and uncertainties, investors should review the risks and uncertainties contained in Fluidigm’s filings with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, including risks and uncertainties identified in our Annual Report on form 10-K filed on March 25, 2011.
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- ipsum lipsum l
- G5 Reports 500% increase in Game Downloads
- comScore Releases the “2012 Canada Digital Future in Focus” Report
- comScore Releases December 2011 U.S. Online Video Rankings
- Stand O'Food 3 From G5 Entertainment is Now Out On Kindle Fire
- comScore Introduces Validated Campaign Essentials™ (vCE)
- cVidya MoneyMap® is the First Revenue Assurance Product to Receive TM Forum’s Product Conformance Certification
- RRSAT LAUNCHES SECOND DVB-S2 PLATFORM ON MEASAT-3a
- BulkyPix Releases Android Hit GRave Defense HD on iPhone Halloween Monday
- Sword of the Stars II Blasts Off into Space!