IDB selected projects to receive up to $50,000 in grants. Deadline for submissions is June 13th.
11-May-2011 | News-Press Release
The Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) is calling for proposals about "Measuring Institutional Impact on the Region of the Americas (MIRA)." The Bank will select eight proposals to carry out impact assessment methodologies in institutional strengthening programs for government agencies in Latin America and the Caribbean. The deadline for submissions is June 13, 2011. Each selected proposal will receive up to $50,000 in funding.
The competition aims to help achieve the following:
- Demonstrate that institutional strengthening initiatives achieve their principal objectives and therefore contribute to economic development.
- Reduce the knowledge gap on the impact of institutional strengthening.
- Improve the design of future public policies.
- Document the need to incorporate evaluation components in the design of such interventions.
The formulation of an effective methodology for assessing impact on programs to strengthen institutional capacity is critical for ensuring that these activities achieve their principal objectives, which are to help improve public policies, increase competitiveness, and promote economic development and social equity.
The MIRA competition is open to public institutions, nonprofit or for-profit organizations, academic institutions, research centers, or bilateral development agencies. The proposals should be designed for interventions implemented in the public sector, whether executed by the governmental entity itself or through a different organization.
A committee of experts will evaluate the proposals according to the clarity of their objectives, their capacity to provide empirical documentation on the impact of capacity strengthening initiatives, their ability to demonstrate causal relationships based on the results, and their incorporation of elements of cost-efficiency.
The eight winners will have the opportunity to work with IDB specialists in developing their methodologies, which will help provide them with recognition as leaders in issues of institutional capacity building and impact assessment. The winners will receive up to an additional $25,000 to replicate their methodologies in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The competition is open until June 13, 2011. For information on how to send proposals, please visit www.iadb.org/MIRA.
+1 (202) 623-1629
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- ipsum lipsum l
- G5 Reports 500% increase in Game Downloads
- comScore Releases the “2012 Canada Digital Future in Focus” Report
- comScore Releases December 2011 U.S. Online Video Rankings
- Stand O'Food 3 From G5 Entertainment is Now Out On Kindle Fire
- comScore Introduces Validated Campaign Essentials™ (vCE)
- cVidya MoneyMap® is the First Revenue Assurance Product to Receive TM Forum’s Product Conformance Certification
- RRSAT LAUNCHES SECOND DVB-S2 PLATFORM ON MEASAT-3a
- BulkyPix Releases Android Hit GRave Defense HD on iPhone Halloween Monday
- Sword of the Stars II Blasts Off into Space!