Weeklong Summer Program At Fairfield University To Benefit Lifelong Learners - Class Schedule Now
16-May-2011 | News-Press Release
FAIRFIELD, Conn., May 12, 2011 - Adults and career-minded professionals interested in taking thought-provoking classes can spend a week in June learning from some of the region’s most fascinating people through a special program being offered at Fairfield University.
The five-day summer program takes place Monday through Friday, June 6-10, and is designed to engage adults who are over the age of 50. The registration and schedule is available online at http://www.fairfield.edu/lifelonglearning.
Different classes are being offered to appeal to a wide variety of interests. Each day will feature three lectures, the first one beginning at 9 a.m., the second at 11 a.m., and the third at 1:30 p.m. The Lifelong Learning program will feature topics such as:
· “Global Competition and the U.S. Economy of the 21st Century.” The rise of the new economy in the U.S.; its impact on growth, employment and innovation – Mark LeClair, professor of economics;
· “Comedy in Film.” The class examines different kinds of comedy found in the movies. Topics will be illustrated with film clips, excerpts of great comedians, and classic comic set pieces – Wesley Davis, adjunct professor of film and television;
· “The Dead Sea Scrolls.” The third session of the day will examine the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls – arguably the most important manuscript discovery of the 20th century – Angela Harkins, assistant professor of religious studies.
The tuition fee for the full series is $220 per person; a buffet lunch will be included on the last day of the program. For more information about the summer Lifelong Learningprogram, including detailed information about courses, instructors, and how to register call 203-254-4110.
Fairfield University is a Jesuit University, rooted in one of the world’s oldest intellectual and spiritual traditions. More than 5,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 36 states, 47 foreign countries, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico are enrolled in the University’s six schools. In the spirit of rigorous and sympathetic inquiry into all dimensions of human experience, Fairfield welcomes students from diverse backgrounds to share ideas and engage in open conversations. The University is located in the heart of a region where the future takes shape, on a stunning campus on the Connecticut coast.
Vol. 43, No. 304
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- ipsum lipsum l
- G5 Reports 500% increase in Game Downloads
- comScore Releases the “2012 Canada Digital Future in Focus” Report
- comScore Releases December 2011 U.S. Online Video Rankings
- Stand O'Food 3 From G5 Entertainment is Now Out On Kindle Fire
- comScore Introduces Validated Campaign Essentials™ (vCE)
- cVidya MoneyMap® is the First Revenue Assurance Product to Receive TM Forum’s Product Conformance Certification
- RRSAT LAUNCHES SECOND DVB-S2 PLATFORM ON MEASAT-3a
- BulkyPix Releases Android Hit GRave Defense HD on iPhone Halloween Monday
- Sword of the Stars II Blasts Off into Space!