ASCAP Photo: Mandisa's #1 Hit "Stronger" Celebrated
03-Aug-2011 | News-Press Release
On Monday, August 1, ASCAP celebrated the writers and publishers of "Stronger," Mandisa's No.1 hit on the Billboard Hot Christian Songs chart, with a reception in Franklin, Tenn. Written by Ben Glover, David Garcia and Chris Stevens, the song marks Glover's 11th trip to the top of the charts and Garcia's first. Publishers Brentwood-Benson Publishing and EMI CMG Publishing were also honored. "Stronger" is also Mandisa's first trip to No. 1 and is the lead single from her third studio album on Sparrow/EMI CMG, What If We Were Real.
Pictured (L-R): EMI CMG Label Group's Peter York, EMI CMG's Bill Hearn, ASCAP's Tim DuBois, Ben Glover, EMI CMG Publishing's Matt Ewald and Eddie DeGarmo, Mandisa, Brentwood-Benson Publishing's Dale Mathews and John Andrade, David Garcia, ASCAP's Michael Martin, Brentwood-Benson's Stacey Willbur, EMI CMG Label Group's Brad O'Donnell, Brentwood-Benson's Eric Hurt, EMI CMG Label Group's Karrie Hardwick
Photo: Cami Steger
Established in 1914, ASCAP is the first and leading U.S. Performing Rights Organization (PRO) representing the world's largest repertory totaling over 8.5 million copyrighted musical works of every style and genre from more than 415,000 songwriter, composer and music publisher members. ASCAP has representation arrangements with similar foreign organizations so that the ASCAP repertory is represented in nearly every country around the world where copyright law exists. ASCAP protects the rights of its members and foreign affiliates by licensing the public performances of their copyrighted works and distributing royalties based upon surveyed performances. ASCAP is the only American PRO owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. www.ascap.com
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- ipsum lipsum l
- G5 Reports 500% increase in Game Downloads
- comScore Releases the “2012 Canada Digital Future in Focus” Report
- comScore Releases December 2011 U.S. Online Video Rankings
- Stand O'Food 3 From G5 Entertainment is Now Out On Kindle Fire
- comScore Introduces Validated Campaign Essentials™ (vCE)
- cVidya MoneyMap® is the First Revenue Assurance Product to Receive TM Forum’s Product Conformance Certification
- RRSAT LAUNCHES SECOND DVB-S2 PLATFORM ON MEASAT-3a
- BulkyPix Releases Android Hit GRave Defense HD on iPhone Halloween Monday
- Sword of the Stars II Blasts Off into Space!