ReportsnReports.com: UK Travel Insurance 2011
10-Dec-2011 | News-Press Release
The report UK Travel Insurance 2011 includes a discussion of the performance of the major travel insurance competitors, providing data on GWP and market share. It puts this data into context with a discussion of key market issues, and also features a discussion of advertising trends that point towards competitor strategies and market trends.
Browse All: Financial Services Market Research
Features and benefits
• The latest data and market research including information on market size, drivers behind claims and travel trends.
• Insight into advertising expenditure and consumer behaviour in the market.
• An understanding of the competitive environment, new partnerships, and the impact key players are having on the travel insurance market.
• Forecasts of the market’s GWP growth until 2015, based on industry interviews, secondary research and in-house expertise.
The total number of visits abroad by UK residents fell by 6.3% in 2010. This represents a drop from 58.6m to 54.9m. Foreign travel has seen a downturn since 2008, with an average rate of decline at 5.3% between 2006 and 2010.
AXA continued to hold the largest share of the travel insurance market in 2010, with 20.2%, representing a GWP of £154.3m. This was however both a decrease in GWP – down by 2.0% – and market share, with a 1.0% decline. Performance is expected to improve with a continued partnership with Lloyds TSB and the new account with TUI.
Single trip polices were the most popular choice of travel insurance coverage for all age bands except for the oldest group, 55-65 year olds. 18-24 year olds were the most likely to purchase single trip polices, with 54.7% of respondents selecting this option.
ReportsnReports is an online library of over 100,000+ market research reports and in-depth market research studies & analysis of over 5000 micro markets. We provide 24/7 online and offline support to our customers. Get in touch with us for your needs of market research reports.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/marketsreports
Our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/ReportsnReports/191441427571689
7557 Rambler road,
Tel: + 1 888 391 5441
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- UK Travel Insurance MarketBanking Market Research ReportsFinancial Services Market Research Reportsmarket researchindustry analysismarket share
- ReportsnReports: LTE and LTE-Advanced Devices: Market Share, Key Trends, Vendor Strategies, Shipments, Revenue
- ReportsnReports: World FLNG Investments and Industry Outlook to 2016- FLNG to witness Rapid Growth to 2020
- ReportsnReports: Construction Market in Slovakia 2012
- ReportsnReports - Polish Packaging Industry Outlook to 2016I
- ReportsnReports: Food Bars in the U.S. - Trends in Cereal/Granola Bars and Energy/Nutrition Bars
- ReportsnReports - Advances in Ion Channel Drug Discovery
- ReportsnReports: Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) Industry - Global Market Analysis, Competitive Landscape
- ReportsnReports: Corrugated & Paperboard Boxes Market to 2016
- ReportsnReports: Competitive Benchmarking of Decorative Coatings Companies in Asia Pacific
- ReportsnReports: Market Opportunities and Business Strategies in Private Label Branding in Brazil