ReportsnReports - Emerging Technologies: Stem cells
11-Dec-2011 | News-Press Release
Emerging Technologies: Stem cells – Stem cell therapies will play an increasingly important role in the underserved field of regenerative medicine, as preclinical discoveries are translated into the clinical setting and product candidates slowly progress through a diverse pipeline.
Features and benefits
• A full stem cell pipeline by each therapeutic category from preclinical stage to registration candidates.
• Provides an insight into key players, recent deals and developments.
Browse All: Biotechnology Market Research
Small and medium-sized research-led companies dominate the stem cells landscape, with a few large pharmaceutical companies beginning to invest in recent years. This sector is highly heterogeneous, consisting of different Stem cells technology platforms, including embryonic and adult stem cells, applied in a wide range of therapy areas.
Geron’s recent divestment in the sector highlights the several technical challenges associated with the application of stem cells in certain therapy areas, in particular, the central nervous system.
Table Of Contents
ABOUT THIS REPORT
PharmaVitae Explorer database
Introduction to stem cells
Stem cell pipeline
Strategic scoping and focus
Datamonitor key findings
INTRODUCTION TO STEM CELLS
An introduction to stem cells
Types of stem cells
Pipeline snapshotAlthough bone marrow stem cell transplant has been routinely used for over 4 decades to treat hematological malignancies, the potential of stem cells to regenerate or replace highly specialized damaged or lost tissues in serious degenerative disorders or debilitating diseases, such as myocardial infarction, spinal cord injuries, ischemic stroke, macular degeneration, diabetes, and multiple sclerosis, has yet to be realized. Key limitations that still need to be addressed include successful delivery, differentiation, engraftment, integration, vascularization, functionality, and long-term safety of the transplanted cells. In view of this, several companies are currently exploiting more easily achievable goals, using a more drug-like approach that utilizes stem cells to alter physiological conditions within the damaged tissue and that indirectly promotes repair and regulates inflammatory and immunomodulatory pathways.
STEM CELL PIPELINE
Stem cell pipeline overview
Central nervous system
Endocrine and metabolic disorders
Immunology and inflammation
THE KEY PLAYERS
ReportsnReports is an online library of over 100,000+ market research reports and in-depth market research studies & analysis of over 5000 micro markets. We provide 24/7 online and offline support to our customers. Get in touch with us for your needs of market research reports.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/marketsreports
Our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/ReportsnReports/191441427571689
7557 Rambler road,
Tel: + 1 888 391 5441
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Stem cells technologyBiotechnology Market Research Reportsmarket researchindustry analysismarket share
- Vitamins and Provitamins - Top 5 European Markets
- 2012 Deep Research Report on China Special Steel Industry
- ReportsnReports: Emerging Opportunities and Growth Prospects in the Mexican Travel Intermediaries Industry, Analyses and Forecasts to 2016
- ReportsnReports - The Future of Italian Foodservice Industry to 2016
- ReportsnReports: Germany – The Future of HNWIs to 2016: Wealth in the Powerhouse of Europe
- ReportsnReports: 2012 Deep Research Report on China PV Power Station Operator
- ReportsnReports: The Future of Retailing in Chile to 2016
- ReportsnReports: Global Markets for Media, Sera and Reagents in Biotechnology
- ReportsnReports: Amusement Park Foodservice Trends in the U.S.
- ReportsnReports - Battery Control Technology: Global Markets