ReportsnReports: UK Retail Forecasts & Sector Summaries to 2015
09-Mar-2012 | News-Press Release
With average growth of just 1.9% to 2015, only the strong will survive. Non-food sectors are particularly hard hit as consumers focus on essentials and cut back on big ticket and discretionary spend. Non-food will lose 2.7% points in retail spending.
There is a major change in space as online takes yet more share of spend – particularly in sectors where digital delivery replaces physical product. Though online growth is slowing it will account for nearly 14.0% of all spending by 2015.
Pent up demand and an uplift in the housing market will help home related sectors recover from 2013 onwards, but coming from a much reduced base the recovery will be slow.
Request a Sample for or Inquire before buying the report 2015 UK Retail Market
UK Retail Forecasts & Sector Summaries to 2015 provides updated and comprehensive data on the performance of the UK retail sector and nine major individual sub-sectors. It forecasts annual market size, growth rates and drivers, and explains the key trends and issues that retailers face as the economy and consumers face more austerity.
Features and benefits
• Produce effective strategic plans with these updated and comprehensive forecasts for all the major retail sectors
• Ensure investment is targeted at the most productive sectors and channels and maximise store potential and profitability
• Benchmark your business against market metrics and highlight risks and opportunities
Major points covered in Table of Contents of this report include:
Low growth will challenge all retailers over the next five years¦
Non-food will be the main casualty, losing 2.7 points in share of retail spending;
An improvement in the housing market will help non-food from 2013, but deflation will return as competition heats up;
Food & grocery will win share helped by inflation throughout the period;
Sectors relating to personal wellbeing will continue to grow the fastest;
Online will continue to outperform, accounting for nearly 14.0% of spend in 2015;
Retailers are reducing physical space, enlarging average store size and improving sales densities to remain viable.
List of Tables
List of Figures
Explore Reports related to Retail @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/market-research/retail/
7557 Rambler road,
Tel: + 1 888 391 5441
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- ReportsnReports: LTE and LTE-Advanced Devices: Market Share, Key Trends, Vendor Strategies, Shipments, Revenue
- ReportsnReports: World FLNG Investments and Industry Outlook to 2016- FLNG to witness Rapid Growth to 2020
- ReportsnReports: Construction Market in Slovakia 2012
- ReportsnReports - Polish Packaging Industry Outlook to 2016I
- ReportsnReports: Food Bars in the U.S. - Trends in Cereal/Granola Bars and Energy/Nutrition Bars
- ReportsnReports - Advances in Ion Channel Drug Discovery
- ReportsnReports: Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) Industry - Global Market Analysis, Competitive Landscape
- ReportsnReports: Corrugated & Paperboard Boxes Market to 2016
- ReportsnReports: Competitive Benchmarking of Decorative Coatings Companies in Asia Pacific
- ReportsnReports: Market Opportunities and Business Strategies in Private Label Branding in Brazil