Worldwide Power Products Delivers Replacement Engine to Nicklos Drilling in Record Time
05-May-2012 | News-Press Release
Worldwide Power Products (WPP), a power-generation equipment provider to industrial clients worldwide, today announced that Nicklos Drilling selected Worldwide Power Products for emergency replacement of a drilling rig generator. WPP identified a match to Nicklos Drilling’s specifications and shipped it immediately, enabling the contract drilling firm to have it installed and operating in just three days.
“Nicklos Drilling’s Operations Manager Bill Brannan contacted us when he couldn’t find an available replacement for a failed diesel generator on one of his Gulf Coast drilling rigs,” said WPP Vice President Mark Lum. “All their rigs were in use, so every minute of downtime was costing them money. They needed the generator as soon as possible.”
“Everyone in the oil field is so busy now that it’s hard to find equipment when you need it,” said Nicklos Drilling President Jim Nicklos. “We called several Caterpillar dealers and there was no availability. If we had ordered one from the dealer, it would have taken six months to arrive.”
WPP, which specializes in Cummins and Caterpillar generators and engines, has a purpose-built system that gives them real-time visibility into all available inventory. As a result, WPP was able to identify a match to Nicklos’ specifications—a new, surplus Caterpillar 3512C generator set with the original warranty—and ship it immediately.
“We are not a large enough company to physically buy and maintain extra equipment,” said Nicklos. “To locate that size engine without ordering one new, a team member could have worked for months, contacting every Caterpillar dealer in the country to find out what is available and when we could have it. Worldwide Power Products does the background work to know where and what engines are available. It is a big convenience.”
About Nicklos Drilling:
Nicklos Drilling Company is an oil and gas contract drilling company based in Houston, Texas. The firm provides land drilling services for wells ranging from 5,000' to 13,000' along the Upper Texas Gulf Coast, Southeast Texas and Southwestern Louisiana. For more information, visit http://www.nicklosdrilling.com.
At Worldwide Power Products, we specialize in power generation equipment including new and used engines and generator sets for the industrial, marine, and petroleum industries. Our goal is to provide our customers with the highest quality equipment and customer service.
As an independent company based in Houston, Texas, we buy new and used generator sets and engines all over the world. In addition, the firm provides rental services for job sites in Texas, Louisiana and the Gulf of Mexico. Our customers are able to choose from a variety of major brands including Caterpillar and Cummins. Generator sets range in size from 20kW - 2500kW and engines range in size from 150hp – 4000hp. Whether you need one unit or an entire fleet, Worldwide Power Products is your #1 source for power.
Mark Lum | Vice President
Worldwide Power Products
5901 Thomas Rd. | Houston, TX 77041
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Diesel GeneratorsBackup Power SupplyBuy Used Generator SetsPortable Generator SetsPower Generation EquipmentStandby GeneratorsBuy New GensetsDrilling Rig Generator
- Cummins Diesel & Portable Generator Sets for Sale and Rent at Worldwide Power Products - August 2012
- Diesel Generators & Engines, Natural Gas Engines, etc. - August Deals 2012 at Worldwide Power Products
- Worldwide Power Products Recommends Businesses To Be Prepared For 2012 Hurricane Season
- Caterpillar Diesel, Natural Gas and Portable Gensets for Sale at Worldwide Power Products - July 2012
- Petroleum Generators & Engines, Diesel Gensets, etc. - Summer Deals 2012 at Worldwide Power Products
- Caterpillar and Olympian Gas Generators for Sale and Rent at Worldwide Power Products - June 2012
- Caterpillar Industrial Diesel Engines for Sale and Rent at Worldwide Power Products - June 2012
- Worldwide Power Products Ramps Up Rental Program to Meet Customer Demand for Prompt, Available Power
- Caterpillar and Kato Petroleum Generators and Engines - June 2012 Featured Items at Worldwide Power Products
- Worldwide Power Products Offering Backup On-site Power Generators for the Commercial Industries