Stem Cell Research Products: Opportunities, Tools & Technologies Research Reports at 10% Discount - Limited Period Offer
28-May-2012 | General Article (Non-News)
Stem cells are primitive cells found in all multi-cellular organisms that are characterized by self-renewal and the capacity to differentiate into any mature cell type. Several broad categories of stem cells exist, including embryonic stem cells, derived from blastocysts; fetal stem cells, obtained from aborted fetuses; adult stem cells, found in adult tissues; cord blood stem cells, isolated from umbilical tissue; dental stem cells, derived from deciduous teeth; cancer stem cells, which give rise to clonal populations of cells that form tumors or disperse in the body; and animal stem cells, derived from non-human sources. http://www.bharatbook.com/market-research-reports/biotechnology-market-research-report/stem-cell-research-products-opportunities-tools-technologies.html
In a developing embryo, stem cells can differentiate into all of the specialized embryonic tissues. In adult organisms, stem and progenitor cells act as a repair system for the body, replenishing specialized cells. Of interest to researchers is the potential for use of stem cells in regenerative medicine to treat conditions ranging from diabetes, to cardiovascular disease and neurological disorders. Additionally, the ability to use stem cells to improve drug target validation and toxicology screening is of intense interest to pharmaceutical companies. Stem cells are also being studied for their ability to improve both the understanding and treatment of birth disorders. Marketing Report
To facilitate research resulting from interest in these far-ranging applications, a large and growing stem cells research products market has emerged. Large companies selling stem cell research products include Life Technologies, BD Biosciences, Thermo Fisher Scientific, and Millipore, although dozens of other suppliers exist as well.
Products offered by these companies include: antibodies to stem cell antigens, bead-based stem cell separation systems, stem cell protein purification and analysis tools, tools for DNA and RNA-based characterization of stem cells, stem cell culture and media reagents, stem cell specific growth factors and cytokines, tools for stem cell gene regulation, a range of stem cell services, tools for in vivo and in vitro stem cell tracking, and stem cell lines.
Currently, the federal government is an important, although not dominant, source of funding for stem cell research. The reason is that states are spending almost as much as the federal government on stem cell research and are actually spending more than the federal government on human embryonic stem cell (hESC) research. Private sources also contribute a huge about of funding, with analysis of recent large gifts summing to over $1.7 billion.
Specifically, market analysis determines the size of the Stem Cell Research Products Market to be $1.03 billion for full-year 2011 and growing at a rate of 8.9%, up from $883 million in full-year 2010. As growth of the stem cell research market is best modeled by polynomial growth, the size of the market is predicted to increase to $1.35B by 2015.
Because of the massive size of this market, developing either niche products or a diverse stem cell product line represents a significant opportunity for research supply companies. This report explores current market conditions and provides guidance for companies interested in developing strategically positioned stem cell product lines.
Furthermore, growth in research into stem cells has exploded in the past decade. And so the market to supply stem cell research products has grown to meet this huge demand.
* There are now over one million stem cell researchers in 283 countries worldwide.
* There were 17 companies when we first started monitoring the stem cell research products market in 2006. This has risen to 90 companies today, a 5.3-fold increase.
* The stem cell research products market (excluding stem cell antibodies) was valued at $1.28 billion for the full year 2011 and is projected to increase to $2.10 billion by 2016.
* The total market for all types of stem cell products – including stem cell research products, stem cell antibodies, and stem cell therapies - was valued at $5.72 billion for the full year 2011.
The report identifies, defines, and quantifies each market segment within the stem cell product industry, including:
Stem Cell Market Size Determinations (Full-Year 2011)
* Total Stem Cell Products Market (Including Research Products and Therapies)
* Stem Cell Research Products
* Stem Cell Research Products Excluding Antibodies
* Stem Cell Antibodies
* Stem Cell Therapies
For more information kindly visit :
Stem Cell Research Products: Opportunities, Tools & Technologies
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Fax: + 91 22 27812290
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Sandhya3B
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Research on Global and China Epoxy Resin Industry Chain Report
- The Geothermal Energy Market 2012-2022
- Adhesives and Sealants: Global Markets
- Dermatological Drugs: World Market Prospects 2012-2022
- The Electric and Range Extended Electric Light-Vehicle Report
- India Urban & Industrial Waste to Energy Market
- Understanding Russia's Regional Health Markets
- 2012 Deep Research Report on China Wind Bearing Industry
- Top 1000 Advertising Agents (European)
- HNWI Asset Allocation in Switzerland to 2016