CCCS Santa Brigade: Greate Philadelphia Area's Largest, Single-School Holiday Gift Event
16-Dec-2010 | News-Press Release
TO: City Editors, Education Editors, Photo Editors, Assignment Editors, News Directors, and Broadcast Editors
Chester, Pa. December 16, 2010 - For the 12th consecutive year, on Friday, December 17, every single student at Chester Community Charter School (CCCS) will receive a gift during the school’s annual Santa Brigade event. More than 2,700 gifts are being donated to the students by Vahan and Danielle Gureghian of Charter School Management, Inc., which owns and manages the school. The total value of the gifts, this year, is an estimated $48,600, and about $345,600, year-to-date. Those amounts rank the CCCS Santa Brigade program as the largest, single-school Christmas gift program in the Greater Philadelphia area.
In addition to their presents, students in kindergarten and first grade will receive a special surprise, as their gifts will be hand-delivered by Santa Claus, himself, as he distributes toys throughout the morning, at the school.
With more than 2,700 students, the Chester-based school is the largest K-to-8th grade charter school in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. According to Vahan Gureghian, the Santa Brigade program was launched 12 years ago when he and other school founders realized that it was not unusual for many of their school’s students to go through the entire holiday season without a single gift.
· Hon. Wendell N. Butler, mayor, City of Chester
· Vahan Gureghian, CEO, Charter School Management Inc.
· Steven E. Lee, CEO, Chester Community Charter School
· More than 2,700 students and staff of Chester Community Charter School
· Santa Claus
WHEN: Friday, December 17, 2010
9:30am - 11:30am
WHERE: Chester Community Charter School
225 East 5th Street
Chester, PA 19013
For Immediate Release
Contact: Dominique Landry
Steven E. Lee
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- ipsum lipsum l
- G5 Reports 500% increase in Game Downloads
- comScore Releases the “2012 Canada Digital Future in Focus” Report
- comScore Releases December 2011 U.S. Online Video Rankings
- Stand O'Food 3 From G5 Entertainment is Now Out On Kindle Fire
- comScore Introduces Validated Campaign Essentials™ (vCE)
- cVidya MoneyMap® is the First Revenue Assurance Product to Receive TM Forum’s Product Conformance Certification
- RRSAT LAUNCHES SECOND DVB-S2 PLATFORM ON MEASAT-3a
- BulkyPix Releases Android Hit GRave Defense HD on iPhone Halloween Monday
- Sword of the Stars II Blasts Off into Space!