ReportsnReports - Advances in Ion Channel Drug Discovery
06-Apr-2012 | News-Press Release
Approximately 13% of approved drugs have mechanisms involving the modulation of ion channel activity, which makes ion channels the second-largest mechanistic class of marketed compounds. Currently approved drugs address important disease areas including diabetes, epilepsy, hypertension, cardiac arrhythmia, anxiety, and pain.
Approximately 35% of agents in development have big pharma sponsorship, with the remaining 65% under development by smaller biotech. CNS indications account for 45% of development programs. Agents in late-stage development include several first-in-class agents acting at the cystic fibrosis transmembrane regulator, and new NMDA and AMPA antagonists.
Earlier-stage programs focus on selective Nav blockers (following on from genetic validation of Nav1.7 involvement in pain), subtype-selective NMDA and AMPA blockers, and a large number of TRP family members for a variety of indications.
Features and benefits
• Understand the competitive landscape in ion channel modulation and compare the pipelines of specialist companies operating in this area
• Identify the most promising targets from a “likelihood of success” viewpoint.
• Identify the targets with scope for ion channel intervention and major market opportunity.
• Understand which advances in target discovery, technology, and clinical development will have biggest impact to move the area forward.
• Benchmark available technologies against the gold standard for ion channel discovery.
Request a Sample for or Inquire before buying the report Ion Channel Drug Discovery
Your key questions answered
• Why have ion channels been underexploited and what is changing to enable greater realization of these targets’ potential?
• What disease areas offer further scope for new ion channel modulators, and which are likely to have the best market potential?
• Which companies have the most promising late development candidates?
• Which companies are offering innovative technologies to facilitate the discovery of drugs acting at ion channel targets?
• What challenges remain to be overcome in fully exploiting the possibilities presented by modulation of ion channel targets?
Major points covered in Table of Contents of this report include:
Characteristics of ion channels
Specialist company profiles
List of Tables
List of Figures
Browse reports related to Pharmaceuticals @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/market-research/pharmaceuticals/
TX, Dallas North – Dominion Plaza,
17304, Preston Road,
Suite 800, Dallas 75252.
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Ion Channel Drug DiscoveryPharmaceuticals Market Research Reportsmarket researchindustry analysismarket share
- ReportsnReports: LTE and LTE-Advanced Devices: Market Share, Key Trends, Vendor Strategies, Shipments, Revenue
- ReportsnReports: World FLNG Investments and Industry Outlook to 2016- FLNG to witness Rapid Growth to 2020
- ReportsnReports: Construction Market in Slovakia 2012
- ReportsnReports - Polish Packaging Industry Outlook to 2016I
- ReportsnReports: Food Bars in the U.S. - Trends in Cereal/Granola Bars and Energy/Nutrition Bars
- ReportsnReports: Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) Industry - Global Market Analysis, Competitive Landscape
- ReportsnReports: Corrugated & Paperboard Boxes Market to 2016
- ReportsnReports: Competitive Benchmarking of Decorative Coatings Companies in Asia Pacific
- ReportsnReports: Market Opportunities and Business Strategies in Private Label Branding in Brazil
- ReportsnReports: Germany Foodservice - The Future of Foodservice in Germany to 2016