Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery 2011-2021
09-Feb-2012 | News-Press Release
The healthcare market is poised to see some of the earliest benefits of nanotechnology. Over the next decade, it will be one of nanotech's highest growth sectors. Targeted drug delivery therapies for the treatment of cancer is one of the most commonly cited nano-healthcare benefits. Cientifica's report, Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery 2011, gives a comprehensive analysis and geographic breakdown of the current nanotechnology drug delivery market and its most relevant technologies. It also provides a forecast for the size of total addressable markets and percent share of those key technologies to 2021.
Some forecasts have predicted the nanotechnology market to reach close to a trillion dollars by 2015, presenting investors with unique opportunities. However, the market for applications of nanotechnology is complex, multidisciplinary and highly segmented. It is therefore essential to gain an understanding of which market sectors nanotechnology is likely to impact most profoundly in the near term.
Browse: Nanotechnology Drug Market
Since we now know most (if not all) biological processes occur at the nanoscale, the application of life science principles - studying the causes of biological phenomena at the molecular level - means medical and biomedical research is increasingly using a bottom-up (rather than the top-down) approach. The low bioavailability resulting from traditional oral and intravenous drug delivery methods and the market forces at work in the pharmaceutical industry, where patents expire after a relatively short period of time unless a novel form of drug delivery is developed that will extend the patent, are two major forces that will fuel the growth of the nanotech drug delivery market. The third factor at play is a combination of improved global health and a correspondingly dramatic increase in the size of the global aging population.
This report provides insight into the possibilities of targeted nanotech drug delivery and its market potential over the next decade. Market Scope
Browse: Nanotechnology Market
This report provides an in-depth presentation of recent developments in nanotech drug delivery (NDD) and provides market opportunities to 2021, for the largest economies in the Americas, Asia, Europe and the rest of the world. Two market analyses are presented;
- The historical market growth for NDD between 2000-2010
- Market forecast for NDD from 2011 to 2021
Both sets of data are segmented into market by geographical region (US$ millions, % share, and compound annual growth rates by country) for America; Asia, Europe, and Rest of the World (key economies only) and by technology type (US$ millions, percent share and compound annual growth rate). Technology types examined include:
- Solubility & Bioavailability
- Targeted Delivery
- Drug Nanocrystals
- Total Nanocarriers
- Carbon nanotubes
- Gold Nanocarriers
- Polymer-based Nanocarriers
- Ceramic Nanocarriers
- Calcium phosphate Nanocarriers
Browse: Market Research Reports
Our market research databases integrate statistics with analysis from global, regional, country and company perspectives. We provide the market context, competitor insight and future trends needed for strategic planning.
ResearchMoz is the one stop online destination to find and buy market research reports. We fulfill all your research needs spanning across industry verticals with our huge collection of market research reports. We provide our services to all sizes of organizations and across all industry verticals and markets.
90 State Street,
NY - 12207
This release was submitted by a Newsbox user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- China Phosphoric Fertilizer Market
- Prescribing Trends in Opioids - Driven by Efficacy Advantages, Opioids to Remain the Mainstay of Breakthrough Pain Management
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) Global Market to 2020
- Crude Oil Industry to 2016 - Deepwater Discoveries Worldwide and Rising Industrial Demand in Emerging Economies Driving the Industry
- Nanotechnology And Photovoltaics: Market, Companies And Products
- Nanotechnology And Nanomaterials In The Electronics Market Sector
- World Market for Nanotechnology: Applications, Markets and Companies
- Global and China Thin Film Amorphous Silicon Solar Cell Industry 2012 Deep Research Report
- Energy Harvesting Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, Nanotechnology, 2012 to 2018
- Mid Infrared (IR) Sensors Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, Nanotechnology, 2012 to 2018