Nanotechnology And Nanomaterials In The Electronics Market Sector
26-Feb-2012 | News-Press Release
Nanomaterials are being widely applied in the electronics and computing industry, primarily arising from the need to create smaller, faster microchips and memory devices, as well as offering improved performance for displays and sensors. Application of nanotechnology in integrated circuits is leading to improvements in processor density and performance, energy efficiency and reliability. Intel is currently utilising an atomic layer deposition process to deposit high-k materials in the fabrication of 45 nm chips.
Organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs) are also beginning to impact the market, enabling low power, flexible displays with high performance capabilities. Quantum dot displays with tunability that enables high-performance color are also close to market. Nanomaterials are also being integrated into Field Emission Displays (FED), and Surface-conductive Electron-emissive Displays (SED), which are not on the market as yet as opposed to commercially available OLED displays in portable electronic applications such as mobile phone screens and laptops.
Nanomaterials have potential to meet a wide range of memory device needs including speed, power consumption, density, reliability, non-volatility, and cost. There are a number of nanotechnology-based approaches to the development of data storage; Magnetoresistive Random Access Memory (MRAM), Ferroelectric RAM, (FeRAM), Resistive RAM (RRAM), and NRAM (Nanotube RAM). Moore’s Law dictates that these current devices will inevitably rely on emerging nanotechnology, be it in materials or fabrication. Carbon nanotubes and nanocrystals are utilized for their radiation and temperature intolerance, high speed capabilities and long-term scaling potential. Companies such as Samsung and Nanosys are using nanocrystal memory to extend floating gate or charge trap flash memory structures.
Report contents include:
Nanomaterials development in the electronics sector utilizing the following materials:
- Metal oxide nanopowders
- Carbon nanotubes
- Fullerenes and POSS
- Quantum dots
Browse: Nanotechnology Market
Applications of nanomaterials in the following electronics sector sub-markets:
- Coatings and films
- Data storage and processing
- Electronics packaging
- Field emission devices
- Printable and flexible electronics
Profiles of companies developing products and applications for the electronics sector utilizing nanomaterials and nanotechnology.
Browse: Market Research Reports
Our market research databases integrate statistics with analysis from global, regional, country and company perspectives. We provide the market context, competitor insight and future trends needed for strategic planning.
ResearchMoz is the one stop online destination to find and buy market research reports. We fulfill all your research needs spanning across industry verticals with our huge collection of market research reports. We provide our services to all sizes of organizations and across all industry verticals and markets. .
90 State Street,
NY - 12207
This release was submitted by a PRSafe user.
Any communication related to the content of this release should be sent to the release submitter.
- Nanotechnology And Nanomaterials Electronics MarketNanotechnology MarketsMarket Research ReportsMarket Research
- China Phosphoric Fertilizer Market
- Prescribing Trends in Opioids - Driven by Efficacy Advantages, Opioids to Remain the Mainstay of Breakthrough Pain Management
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) Global Market to 2020
- Crude Oil Industry to 2016 - Deepwater Discoveries Worldwide and Rising Industrial Demand in Emerging Economies Driving the Industry
- Nanotechnology And Photovoltaics: Market, Companies And Products
- World Market for Nanotechnology: Applications, Markets and Companies
- Global and China Thin Film Amorphous Silicon Solar Cell Industry 2012 Deep Research Report
- Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery 2011-2021
- Energy Harvesting Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, Nanotechnology, 2012 to 2018
- Mid Infrared (IR) Sensors Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, Nanotechnology, 2012 to 2018